Within 1-4 weeks after the surgery, the visible, upper part of the implanted hairs might fall off, but there is nothing to worry about, because the hair follicles remain in their place where they enter a dormant phase and in 5-6 months following surgery they start to grow; roughly 12 months after the surgery they catch up with those tiny hairs that did not fell off within 1-4 weeks after surgery and thus grew continuously.
WOUND HEALING, SCARRING
2. After the surgery carry on a relaxing lifestyle, do not strain for at least 3 weeks.
3. Abstain from alcoholic beverages after surgery for at least 1-2 weeks.
4. Do not smoke after the surgery for at least 2 weeks.
5. Avoid any medication, which can affect the blood flow (eg. Aspirin).
PIMPLES (BLISTERS, CYSTS) OF THE SCALP
REDNESS OF THE SCALP
Numbness might occur in the scalp around the implanted area. This numbness is however transitional and goes away within 6-8 weeks in most of the cases. In rare occasions numbness might last for a couple of months.
1. In the first week avoid dirty and dusty environments, which can be the source of infections.
2. Use the antibiotics that we gave you.
3. Keep the operated areas and its surrounding clean as we discussed in the previous sections.